Saturday, January 16, 2010

welcome home to me

Jeremy picked me up from the airport late last night. It felt sooooo good to be in a town where I knew where I was going!
Atlanta was a b~e~a~u~t~i~f~u~l 56 degrees while I was there. I didn't even take my coat with me on the plane and was glad it was nice enough there that I didn't have to worry about hauling it all over the place. Atlanta airport is absolutely ginormus! I was with Michelle from work and was so thankful I wasn't by myself. Since this was my first investigator meeting, Michelle was there to help me along. Thanks Michelle! I was VERY anxious about this trip mainly because it was my first trip and I didn't know what to expect and also because they serve a lot of alcohol...I mean A LOT. I didn't know what to expect as far as how crazy some people get when they drink but God's presence was definitely felt and He calmed my nerves and everything turned out great!
My flight went very smooth and thanks to Dramamine there was no nausea or sickness involved. (can't say the same for some of the people I saw in the airport after they had landed and didn't have time to make it to the bathroom or a trash can, yuck). Once in the Atlanta airport we took a tram to get to the opposite end of the airport (this place was HUGE!) and a valet driver was waiting for us holding a sign with our names on it. This car was a smokin' smooth ride! I didn't feel one bump in the road and the driver was super nice giving us details and history about Atlanta our 30 minute ride to the hotel. Once at the hotel we checked in and then went across the street for some dinner (or lunch as they call it there). Definitely got my fill of "southern foods" the past two days. I was served lots of rice, mac n' cheese, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, roasted chicken, lamb, some kind of roast beef, lots of greens, bread pudding, peach cobbler (I passed on these two desserts...I don't care for either of them, so I went for some amazing chocolate cheesecake instead!), ice cream with rum and bananas topped with rum and brown sugar, jumbulia pasta, ravioli, cornbread, fried green tomatoes, corn, beans, and list goes on and on for breakfast foods. oh my word. That's like 4 lines of food listed above! Granted that was over 2-3 meals but wow. I was sad to see all the left overs just being dumped in the trash knowing that there are millons of people going without food.
At the end of the second day we were shuttled back to the airport on this HUGE bus...this did make me (and other people) nausous because it sat up so high and swayed back and forth.
The rest of the story is sitting in the airport for about 4 hours waiting for our plane to leave. Below are some pictures of the room they put me was very relaxing. I didn't take my good camera so the point and shoot camera will have to do...
I loved this lamp shade. It shimmered...the picture doesn't do it justice!

This shower head was amazing! two in one! haha

Do you see the price on one of those bottle's of water?! $4.95! ouch. I'll take tap water thank you very much!

These lights were hanging in the dining banquet and the meeting banquet rooms. I thought they were pretty. The camera didn't do these justice either!

I got a very big greeting by my sweet hubby (who did something absolutely Amazing and to follow) and little girl when I got home. Julia must have missed me because she has refused to take a nap and has been glued to my side the whole day.
I missed them both. extremely.
it didn't feel right being gone without them.
so happy to be back...until I leave for Miami a week from this coming Tuesday bright and early at 0635.

No comments: