I was a labor and delivery nurse right out of nursing school and if you have ever been able to be a part of a birth of a baby you know that it is an unbelieveble experience to witness and that each birth is so precious and unique. Each child that is born has a purpose in this world. After being a part of hundreds of births in school and in my work it is still hard to grasp the depth of meaning that the birth of Jesus Christ has had. I can't wrap my head around how perfect HE is and His entrance was into this world. And Mary...what would it have been like being in her shoes?
That's just my experience that has brought me close to God and makes me so excited for the season. Here's some pictures of some of my favorite things from this year.
Julia's very first Christmas ornament. It's from her Grandma and Grandpa Ekeland the Christmas before she was born.
Remember this Tami? Thank you so much again! The Lakey's gave this to us the Christmas after we got engaged. Love love love it!
We had Christmas with the Ekeland's Christmas Eve which is tradition. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures.
The weekend of Christmas we made a trip to Denison (the town that I grew up in) for Christmas on my dad's side of the family. We had Christmas at my Grandma's house. That brought back a ton of memories from when I was little and holiday's spent with my cousin's. Unfortunately not all of my cousins and Aunt and Uncle were able to make it. It was a really fun time though but sad at the same time because that could be the last time we're able to get together at the farm for Christmas like that. With this trip I forgot my camera again. Sorry there aren't any pictures.
For Christmas on my mom's side we're celebrating this coming Saturday. Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera to this one!
This month has been packed FULL:
- sickness and ear infections (with me...not Julia this time thank goodness!)
- 6 Christmas parties including our life group ugly sweater contest
- 2 white elephant gift exchanges-one which included Jeremy receiving "armpit juice". yuck. Thanks Brandon!
- a winter wonderland Christmas wedding (SOOOOO beautiful!)
- shopping with a sweet friend
- Christmas lighting
- precious family time at home
- packing a box FULL of Christmas goodies and blessings and shipping to West Africa to my cousin and her hubby-we miss you guys terribly this season but are so thankful that you are where you feel God has called you to be!
Hope you and yours had a meaningful holiday season. See you next year!
scroll down to see previous posts made.