Friday, February 26, 2010

unexpected events...

this week has caused me to be VERY thankful that it's the weekend.
We're all very tired and drained around this house.
We have a very very sick little girl with the nastiest cough she's had yet.
I've had some major unexpected complications from my endometriosis causing me to miss a day and a half of work.
Doctor visits for Jewel's and me.
My poor hubby is so tired from pulling his weight plus mine this week.
Bless my Mom, Dad and Hubby for all their sweet caring this week.


My heart is aching for all the pain in the world around me and especially those that have cancer that are in the community and our church. Observing other's struggles have helped put my week in a different perspective. I may have had some physical health struggles this week, but I am not faced with the challenge of fighting for my life like so many others are.


Through all this choas this week and feeling like every thing is so uncertain, I feel a peace and like we're relying completely and totally on God for healing (for Julia and me) and to meet our needs and that we're (I'm) not trying to "fix" everything on our (my) own. I DO NOT rely on God the way I need to. The way He wants me to. I usually try to over analyze EVERYTHING (just ask my husband!) and try too hard to problem solve and calculate every little thing without factorying God into it.


I don't have a lot of witty or deep things to say tonight.
I'm tired.
I am just so thankful for how incredibly blessed my family and I are...and that God has made that so evident to me this week.

Blessings to you!
Nighty night!

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Hey Jennalee -- I hope you and Julia get to feeling better. I'm really sorry Julia has a nasty cough. Luke has something similar. It's really going around. So, we've been at the dr. this week as well, and Marc's been home sick (very unusual).

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you and Julia get some rest this weekend! Ethan still has the cough too, unfortunately :(