Friday, September 4, 2009

pretty much the most amazing dip ever

So when I was working at Newton Medical Center as a nurse aid the ladies I was working with one evening gave me a mini bridal shower right before we got married. Each of my co-workers brought a recipe, the ingredients for the recipe and a dish for the recipe to be made in. It was such a fun little party and a great idea. This is one of my favorite recipes I got that night and a big hit at our family parties.



Dried Beef Spread



Here's what you'll need for your shopping list:

2-8ounce cream cheese

milk (1tsp)

sour cream (1 cup)

garlic powder (1/2 tsp)

pepper (to taste)

minced onion (2 Tbsp)

2-2.25 ounce jars of dried beef

chopped pecans (1/2 cup)

butter (2Tbsp)

wheat thins

veggie sticks



You want to start by dicing the dried beef





so it looks like this...




Blend the cream cheese, milk, sour cream, garlic, pepper, minced onion and dried beef together...really well








we usually put a lot more pepper (Sarah this recipe makes me think of you and Marc!) and more garlic powder then it calls for



This is what it should look like well mixed. I don't have a picture but you melt the butter and cover the chopped pecans with the butter and then spread that mixture over the cream cheese stuff and it's ready to go into the oven in a greased 9x9 round baking dish. It should be baked at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Dip with these or veggie sticks and oh yum, it's amazing!


1 comment:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

That looks really yummy! Thanks for thinking of us with the pepper. Yep, we'd use a lot of pepper! I'm glad you did a recipe with photos. I was just thinking TODAY that I should do another recipe soon.