Monday, July 13, 2009

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust"
Psalm 91:1-2
I have to admit that I have been trying to calculate without God....on a daily basis. I spend hours up on hours a week worrying about life, family, work, friends, laundry, even cleaning! I know that God is fully in control, but allowing myself to control my "need to be incontrol" is what is so difficult. The above verse is so comforting to know that when I put my faith and trust in Him, He gives me shelter and protection. He loves me for who I am no matter what mistakes I've made. He holds me tightly in the palm of His hand even when I feel like I'm barely hanging on for dear life! As long as I constantly remind myself to place my life and my family in Him, I can assure myself that I am safe.
My brother and sister in-law gave me a woman's devotional for my birthday and I highly recommend it. It is "Joy for the Woman's Soul-Promises to Refresh the Spirit by Zondervan". It gives little devotionals about integrating JOY in the midst of fear, crisis and pain, persevering, having a Godly perspective, having JOY in faithfulness (even when you don't have it in your heart to be fully and completely faithful in trusting God's will for your life) just to name a few of the topics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you are enjoying it, I thought it was great too!