Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rearranging Furniture

It stormed here in Newton Saturday late afternoon/eveningish. I know the picture below isn't very discriptive of a storm but it was the sky to the north of our house. As I sat rocking Julia and it thundered I remembered when I was a little girl. To keep myself from becoming scared during thunder storms I would think that the thunder was God rearranging His furniture in His house. The louder the thunder, the bigger the piece of furniture! I would also think when it was just cloudy out that God was sad about something (I usually thought that I had been caught doing something bad and that's why He was sad!). When it was raining, God was crying. Of course I LOVE storms now but everytime I think of when I was little!
This is me rocking Jewel's while she was asleep. I've been sick the majority of the week with stomach and sinus junk. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start to get back to my self.


2 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I LOVE storms too. Unless the tornadoes are headed our way! I love lightning storms and the crashing thunder. It just shows the majesty of God!
I hope you are getting well soon. Everyone in the family but me has had it. I am hoping to escape it. Have been downing echinacea and L-lysine and vitamins like crazy and so far, so good! Your little Julia looks so comfortable in her mommy's arms.
Debby

meg duerksen said...

Hi jennalee.
i got your message...but lost your number.
email me and we can talk about it.

hope you are feeling good by now.
thanks!